Date 2020-2021 Client Victorian Department of Transport Services Digital Advisory Location Melbourne, Australia
The Victorian Department of Transport (DoT) has entrusted the team at IIMBE to transform the way important Victorian Government Infrastructure Assets across the entire $80bn+ Big Build program are built and managed, using IIMBE’s extensive digital engineering expertise.
IIMBE directors Steve Appleby and Toby Maple have been selected by DoT to develop a multi-year Digital Engineering Roadmap to lift the department’s digital engineering capabilities across the board.
DoT’s essential requirement was to engage experienced and trusted experts to develop and deliver a plan to realise the benefits of adhering to the Victorian Digital Asset Strategy to achieve sweeping cost, efficiency and asset lifecycle benefits.
Given the team at IIMBE supported the development of the VDAS Guidance and co-developed the industry-leading ISO19650 standards around adopting and implanting digital engineering in the construction of major projects, this partnership makes good sense for a government aiming to deliver the biggest infrastructure program in the state’s history.
We’re excited about assessing the department’s readiness for change and developing the strategy and program to help deliver transformational change that will drive a better way to deliver better long-term projects that improve services across the entire state.
Here’s how IIMBE is making it happen
Here’s how we’re helping DoT lift its capabilities to harness the benefits of digital engineering across the entire $80bn+ Big Build program https://bigbuild.vic.gov.au/:
- Assessment of existing strategies, e-survey, business processes, asset information management practices, technologies and systems
- Stakeholder engagement and interviews
- Cross-functional stakeholder workshops to assess the current state and future vision
- Develop a multi-horizon Digital Engineering Strategy, DE roadmap & Maturity map (including high-level costs and resources) aligned to ISO19650.
- Provide DE recommendations report – foundational plus phased DE implementation over three horizons.